Wintertime brings fresh snow, chilly weather, and a whole slew of new hazards to our homes. Here are some tips to keep your home warm and safe this season.
- Prevent frozen pipes by disconnecting hoses and draining water left in spigots. When weather drops below freezing, keep the water trickling, too, so it doesn’t build up.
- Check your roof before the first snowfall to make sure there are no holes or missing tiles.
- Have food and equipment stocked up in case of a power outage.
- Ensure that walkways and driveways remain clear.
- Don’t let icicles and dams of ice build up.
Image via BlogHer.
October 27, 2016 Categories: